On the 6th of March, 1911
On March 6, 1911 a congregation meeting was held for the purpose of organizing a church. At this meeting two made profession of faith, increasing our membership to 16 confessing and 20 baptized.
Indicative of the founding spirit of the initial congregation is the following excerpt from the minutes of the first congregational meeting:
"May God by His Oath and Covenant take this congragation under His Fatherly care, and her Prophet, Priest and King, Jesus Christ, teach her, and in the offering of prayer, constantly remember her and be her keeper and protector against the wiles of the devil. May the Lord God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, bless her and make his countennance to shine upon her and be gracious unto her and give her Peace and Grace, so to prepare her with the militant church here below to finally be united with the triumphant church above, unblemished and without spot or wrinkle as the Bride of the Lamb"
At this meeting it was decided to erect a small church building, 16' X 24', which was completed that summer. The first structure was located on the SW-2-8-12 W of the 4th, where the congregation gathered until January of 1961.
1961 - 1985
This served well until a large addition to the building was started on March 12, 1984 and completed a few months later.